Vastu – FengShui
Vastu International, Vastu Feng Shui Tips For Home, Wealth, Office, Bedroom
Feng shui is an ancient Chinese philosophy about the origin of life and all energies related to it or Chi, as commonly known, is associated with wind and water. All these varied forces are very much required and should subsist in every home to bring fortune and prosperity to the occupants. Surprisingly each and every corner of one’s home is correlated with a specific aspect of one’s life.
It happens most of the time.. that certain nick names are associated with an individual. Even on leaving that individual in a crowd of thousands of people and calling out that ‘specific’ name will turn that individual’s head that he’s being wanted.In feng shui study a Chinese grid, known as Feng Shui Bagua, is used as a tool to help segregate the total space in a home into the corresponding nine segments of life.
The wealth and prosperity area is located in the Southeast corner of one’s home or office location. This area is also known by its traditional name as “fortunate blessings”. Wealth and prosperity has several forms other than money and gold. Prosperity could be materialistic, like money, gold, car, home, or a vacation. While, it could be non-materialistic as well such as friends, relatives, love, satisfaction, bliss, and etc. However, before everything the most important facts to consider are;
- Should keep the space neat, clean and orderly
- Also no clutter or dirt should accumulate
- Fix things, which are broken and anything that does not function should be removed or repaired soon
- Too much of water in one’s home has the risk of washing away of wealth.
There are various simple and expeditious ways to enhance prosperity. The colors that could be used to help bring fortune are;
- purples, reds, greens and golden
- the best elements are wood and water
The color green denotes growth and vivacity and purple and gold is the color of wealth. So to bring an abundance of feeling in one’s home, one could keep a bowl of green and purple grapes (real or artificial) in the prosperity corner of the kitchen as well.
It’s a known fact that if money or jewelry or valuables are kept in the wealth corner then wealth multiplies. Similarly, to augment fortune one can add metal in the Southeast corner of the home or room in particular. Any metal items would do but there are several traditional Chinese metallic objects as well, which promote prosperity. Another point to consider here is that one could use any metallic items but needs to take care that no items are with sharp points as this would go against oneself. Moreover instead of doing a good it might bring bad luck. The list of the auspicious items is endless but to name a few:
- Prosperity Coins are gold coins round in shape but with a square hole in the middle. It brings good luck with money. It is more auspicious to tie three of these coins with a red ribbon and keep it in the Southeast corner. Moreover if possible they should be in multiples of 3, 6 and 8, while 8 is the most dominant in amassing wealth
- A bowl of coins or three red bowls with various coins
- Laughing Buddha or Buddha of Wealth also has the same effect irrespective of its size but one factor to remember is that, it should be visible
- The three-legged frog with a coin in its mouth should be placed diagonally opposite the door or beneath a table or counter
- Fountains or pictures of flowing water also help the flow of abundance
- Ancient Chinese sailing ship also symbolizes loads of wealth. It could be placed at the prosperity corner of one’s room or near the main entrance to attract good fortune. If the ship is of metal then that is more beneficial as it adds metal to the prosperity corner too. Moreover it should be placed in such a manner that it should sail inwards towards the room and not away from it. Additionally it could be filled with gold coins or bars, which again represent the advent of good fortune in one’s life
- Bamboo plant also brings along prosperity in one’s home or
- A fish tank or bowl in the wealth corner is a good omen and feeding fish helps in the growth of finances
In addition to all these there are some precautions that would help multiply fortune, like
- Drains that are not being used should be plugged out
- Toilet lids should be down when not in use as it is believed that money goes down the drain
- Bathroom, kitchen and laundry rooms’ walls and floors should be in earthen colors as these rooms have abundance of water so this measure would control the draining away of wealth if any
- The ovens or stoves or burners must be kept clean and sparkling as according to feng shui somehow wealth is associated with them
- Each and every door of one’s home should open entirely, so that the positive energies get an easy access into it
- Slow growing plants, especially Jade plant should not be grown
- Put a light fixture if the Southeast corner of the back yard slopes downwards
Similarly there are several other feng shui tips to become more prosperous and to gain good fortune but on the same hand one needs to consider that they do not get imbalanced. The study of feng shui and prosperity is very vast but this is what one say is in a nutshell or at a glance about it.